Solutions4Health are delighted to be offering the role of an IT Support Technician at our Doncaster office. This is a full time job with a salary of £25,000.00 to £27,000.00 depending on experience.
The IT support technician is the central point of contact for all IT software and hardware related incidents and service requests.
This role will assist with running the ticketing system for IT support requests, prioritising the highest impact tasks and taking action accordingly. As users are mostly based offsite, communication with them will be a key part of this role.
Sound technical knowledge of operating systems, software and hardware set up is vital for this role as it will involve coordinating building and allocation of new assets to users.
Finally, a creative yet structured approach to problem solving will be required together with afore mentioned technical knowledge to meet the user’s needs within a diverse business that is growing rapidly. The IT support technician will be expected to work as part of a seamless process between 1st and 2nd line support for users.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide on-site, remote, telephone and email technical support to end users.
2. Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
3. Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
4. Troubleshooting end users’ system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
5. Supporting the roll-out of new systems, applications or updates.
6. Monitoring Help Desk tickets and resolving user issues.
7. Maintaining documentation and hardware/software registers.
8. Assist the IT Manager with project work (website and reporting related) to grow the technology infrastructure of the company.
9. Use problem solving skills and technical knowledge to ensure that users’ issues are addressed.
10. Use a variety of communication methods to communicate with users around their needs.
11. Provide regular progress updates to the manager and Escalate issues/ risks to manager in a timely, clear fashion.
12. Use technical knowledge to make recommendations for improvement to the overall function of the IT department.
13. Contribute to the business’ information security audit work by undertaking activities as specified by the agreed plans and in collaboration with the information governance lead.
14. Ensure that all user issues are triaged appropriately to the correct area of the support process, whilst maintaining regular contact with the requester.
15. Assist the manager with ordering IT equipment.
16. Carry out any other duties that relate to this post as required by the business.
Knowledge of a specialist tech field acquired through relevant degree or equivalent.
Evidence of continuous professional development.
Relevant professional accreditation and/or qualification.
A genuine passion for Information Technology
Experience of working in an IT support role or equivalent for at least 1 year.
Experience of working in a customer facing environment and dealing with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
Experience of working with competing demands in a pressurised environment.
Troubleshooting desktop and mobile operating systems.
IT systems including, spreadsheets, presentations and databases.
Working knowledge of issues regarding information governance.
Working knowledge regarding cyber security best practice.
An understanding of Azure active directory - (Desirable)
An understanding of Mobile device management (MDM) - (Desirable)
An understanding of servers and networks - (Desirable)
An understanding of WordPress CMS - (Desirable)
Interest in website design / development - (Desirable)
Knowledge of adobe creative cloud - (Desirable)
Solutions4Health are an innovative company with a passion and a track record for tackling health inequalities. We provide a one stop solution for commissioners accountable for outcome focused integrated Public Health services.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check at the appropriate level.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, as we do not sponsor work permits and outside work permits are not accepted as proof of a right to work in the UK.
We encourage applicants meeting the criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion, or ethnicity.
Solutions4health are a disability confident employer. If you require any reasonable adjustments, either at application or interview stage, please contact our HR team.
If you think you are suitable for this role, please apply now!